Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Things that make me smile...

1. sleepy cats in a sunny window...
2. students, bursting from a classroom at the end of the last day of school before a break...
3. walking into my kitchen, and smelling something good simmering away...
4. watching the people take communion at my church...
5. e-mail from a friend...
6. Piglet my cat, snoring away, next to me in my bed...
7, a phone call from a person I actually know, who's not asking for a donation...
8. looking up and seeing a friend...
9. "What Sweeter Music", by John Rutter, one of my favorite choral pieces ever...
10. an actual letter from a friend, not an assembly line card, but real words from them to me...
11. the lights in church, coming on at midnight for Easter...
12. Dearest Dragonfly, at the keyboard or podium, sharing her gift...
13. feeling much love from dear friends...
14. a cat crawling into my arms, purring, wanting to be held...
15. the trees that still have leaves, red , orange-y, yellow, bronze,gold, a kaleidoscope of color as they fall...
16. being in the church, alone, and just sitting there...
17. the "sudden" light that appeared behind Jesus in the alter window when we were rehearsing Saturday...
18. the choir's reaction to the illuminated Lord...
19. the realization of how far I've come in a couple of weeks...
20. the realization of where I will be going...
21. being so thankful for friends who are caring and listen to that small voice...
22. seeing people I care about realize their potential in every way...
23. seeing excitement on the faces of people who are achieving, and want more...
24. feeling peace with the path I'm on...
25. feeling hope for the future, for the first time in a very long time...
26. and a newly painted,"Deeply Red" accent wall in the dining room, [along with half the ceiling (not red...)] ,thanks to the paintbrush artistry of Mz Minka : )

No comments: