Sunday, December 2, 2007

...some more "stuff about me" [because there is soooo much...

1... I am the oldest of 2 children...
2... I have a "younger" brother...
3... for those who care, I'm a Libra/Scorpio [cusp !] with Taurus rising
4... ditto,I am a "Rat" person, my number is 9, my coloring is "Autumn"
5... I can NOT stand black licorice... red ...eh...it's ok...
6... I consider any "organ" meat to be "cat food" [liver = YUCK ! ]
7... I like road trips and I can enjoy them alone...
8... I have had a couple of perfectly nice dogs...
9... I am currently "staff" for a collection of cats...
10...I prefer #9 to #8, which qualifies me for medication ASAP...
11...I once told my mom [ a long time ago...],"Someday, I'll have as many cats as I want , and you can't stop me !"[a VERY long time ago...]
12...Somewhere, right now, my mom is laughing at me....
13...I was the "Cat Lady" at my school...[NO !...] [ stop laughing Mz Minka...]
14...I still have some of the felines to prove it...
15...I believe every word of "The Impossible Dream"....[Man of La Mancha...]
16...Yes, I was in between my 1st 2 years of college,in No Cal, during "The Summer of Love"...I have the "60's" in my DNA...sigh...
17...No, I have never tried "drugs"...unless booze counts...[SoCo & root beer, ugly...]
18...We used to go to SF, cruise the Haight and laugh at the "freaks" and "Hippies"
19...I had a Navy surplus pea coat,bell-bottom,button fly jeans,desert boots,a black turtleneck and love beads,man !
20...I used to listen to LOUD Jefferson Airplane or Doors when I felt "edgy"
21...Most of the time, Simon & Garfunkle,We 5,Glenn Yarborough and Rod McKueon poetry, can you dig it ?
22...Incense & candles burning,strobing Acid Rock posters...beads, The Prophet[Gibran]...I did most everything but drugs...
23...Funny, I don't remember doing homework, must have...I have the degree and it doesn't say "Cracker Jack"...
24...No 'open dorm' then, definitely NO co-ed dorms...had to be in the dorm by midnight, no booze in the rooms,21 or not...
25...Yeah, that worked well...everyone, including me drank whatever, whenever and smoked like a smoke stack [cigarettes were $.25 a pack...]
26...Yeah...dinosaurs roamed the still cooling crust of the earth ["sorry " to all scientists for the obvious paradox...]
27...Oh, and...[I'm REALLY sorry about this,,,] gas was $.35 per gallon [for premium]
28...The Christmas season began after Thanksgiving, not in October as it does now...
29...I did NOT have a cat in the dorm...[verboten]
30...I did have a hamster [briefly, until he died from "hamster diesus fastus"...] also veboten , but easier to hide...
31...I tried computer dating...too many operating system incompatibilities...
32...I got my ears pierced in the dorm: ice,vodka and a big needle were "involved"...
33...Freezing my ears with the ice hurt REALLY bad...
34...So did the infection I got in my 'newly-pierced' ears...
35...I loved dangly earrings, until I noticed one of my teachers, an older lady, whose pierced ears looked like something from National Geographic...a cautionary tale for would be Hippies...
36...My first car was a '55 Chevy... I used it to get to music jobs as a sophomore... also the liquor store, ah, popularity !
37...I belong to a national music "fraternity" [then, sorority], Mu Phi Epsilon...
38...Also National Spurs [a service society] which may be defunct now...
39.. Because we got "PE" credit for it, a friend and I took, Individual fitness [ go to weight room, play with weights ], then we would go to the Burger Shop and have "individual fatness"...the 2nd one worked, the 1st one, not so much...
40...I used to make "Gregorian Chant" posters for my fellow musicians...I "ironed" the parchment to age it...if I wasn't careful, the vents on the steam iron would leave an "iron" print...not too authentic...
41...I used to do acrylic paintings of meadows with daisys, little kids and other Hippie crap...everyone "loved" them...
42...I would get these Hallmark-type books and copy the prints.... pure dreck
43...I went through a "collage" period...colored tissue paper, spray glue,magazine pages...big fun ! ...and SO "heavy"...man...
44...I used to know ALL the lyrics to ALL the songs from "Man of La Mancha" [ my most favorite "show", ever ! ]
45...I wore out the original Broadway Cast recording of # 44
46...I have played "in the pit" for "MoLM" 3 times along with what seems like 672 other musicals, 312 Operas & 47 Ballets...
47...I have played "The Nutcracker" [ ALL of it, not just the $%^$# suite] 97 times...want to hear page 13 ?
48...On stage, I was "Butterfly's" mother in the opera, Madama Butterfly in a Music From Bear Valley production...
49...I have also "played" trumpet for said opera, 15 times...at least...
50...My favorite line [in English]... " and your father ? " [trumpets : "da, da, dah "] "DEAD ! " ... cracks me up each time...
51...Most memorable performance of Butterfly ?...during a concert version: the first trumpet player got food poisoning and was off stage barfing during the final act...we passed the parts over and sight-read...
52...Most "interesting" performance...when I had food poisoning and kept from being "sick " until after the gig...
53...When I was in Chicago, I played a solo at a band concert, the music was in water-based ink...it rained...the notes ran...
54...I once turned a page during a performance to find the music upside down....
55...A horn player, during an orchestra concert, turned the page to find the inner pages missing...
56...She faked it, the conductor was pissed... he would have been really mad if she had stopped the performance....
57...I once "held" up a drunken horn player during a concert...
58...I have fallen asleep during looooong rests in concerts...I have never fallen out of my chair...
59...My stand light has "gone out" during a show, leaving me scrambling to find light before my next entry...
60...I played a rehearsal in an orchestra the day after having the top joint of my right thumb amputated...
61...I had a malignant melanoma under the thumb nail...I thought it was a nail fungus
62...I am a cancer survivor [March 2000 ]
63...I was always ambidextrous, but mainly right handed [ left brained ], Now I have become even more ambidextrous & right brained to boot...though I'm still mostly right handed... unless I need a thumb...
64...Necessity is the "mother" of adaption and now, I think more "outside" the box....
65...And I think that's it... for now...

No comments: