Friday, December 21, 2007

"there she sits..." Cat-mas carol # 14

There she sits, the divine Gra-cie...
there on side of the tub she pe-r-ches...
why she's there, who on earth can say ...
but if you want her off, there'll be Hell to pay...

Sometimes, here and sometimes, there....
com-fy or not, she does-n't seem to care...
up on the dra-per-y rod, under the chair...
it's al-ways some-place dif-fer-ent, for her lair...

toilet tank, sometimes on the seat...
on the counter top or in the kitchen sink...
plopped on the cutting board, snuggled on the couch...
most of her beds would leave us say-ing,"ouch ! "

I've seen her curled around a ficus tree ...
also seen her "slumming" right here on my knee ...
up on the curtains or on the old TV....
no place she goes is a surprise to me...

Gra-cie, Gra-cie, "yogi cat, supreme"
every new "position"... a masochistic dream...
pain must be just a word to her...
yeah, like crun-chi-es and tu-na...

I ne-ver know where she'll make the scene,
it's a good thing, that I have a fire-place screen...
all I need, is a cat on fire...
running through the house, now that would be dire...!

so now she sits, the divine Gra-cie...
plot-ting "who knows what" or
"who knows where, she will be..."
all I know is this, and here's how it'll be...
somehow Gracie cat will get the best of me...

["Il est NĂ© ]

No comments: