Sunday, December 30, 2007

...and now for something completely different

In honor of the ending year, I thought that I'd try my hand at
writing a Meme...

the only theme..."huh ?" [or "why did you ask that ?]
[the questions just "came " to me...an inquiring Deity wants to know (?) ...]

"huh ?" Meme

1. Do you take showers or baths ?

showers...

2. Why ?

had only a shower when I was growing up, never got into "baths"....

3. can you name all "7 Dwarfs" ?

uhh... Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Bashful & Doc

4. what was the most unique pet you ever kept ?

either a "June bug" or a lizard [wild]...neither "lasted"

5. what's the creepiest thing that ever happened to you ?

I "collected" a scorpion[for a biology assignment],
left it for a day in the "killing jar [C CL4]
pinned it on a board...and the next day,
it was gone, pin and all...
[I had been handling a live scorpion...
this was the end of the entomology project...]
[yes, I know scorpions aren't insects...]

6. what's your favorite scary movie ?

"The Lady in White"

7. What's your favorite suspenseful movie ?

"Julia", followed closely by "Shining Through",
"Double Indemnity" and "Rear Window"...

8. which phrase best describes your "taste"....

cool/Deco/Bauhaus
comfy/Arts & Crafts/Mission
modern/50's/60's/70's
Victorian/fru fru/ ornate
chic moderne/glass/metal/angles/stark
classic/comfy mix of whatever I like

I don't like ultra modern or fru fru...
I can appreciate Mid Century Modern,
but I have already "lived it",
and don't want to go back...
my taste is varied...
I like Deco/Bauhaus, Arts & Crafts/Mission...
generally comfortable and cozy...

9. Do you know how to use chop stix ?

yes...though it used to be easier to use them...

10. Do you "use " them when eating Chinese food ?

generally not...

11. Do you think that you're "smart" ?

yes, I use a Mac... OK, so that answer means what I'm sitting on is smart...
next question...

12. What's your favorite candy bar ?

IF, I'm eating candy....depends on my mood...
sometimes one thing, sometimes another...
sometimes, you feel like a nut...

13. What do you think of the following soda shop items :

marshmallow= good with chocolate...or roasted...

chocolate= good with marshmallow, or peanut butter, or caramel

sprinkles, etc= keep them FAR away from my ice cream

caramel= a very good thing

fruity toppings= bananas, grilled pineapple or other stone fruit, good,
the rest....too sweet...stewed fresh fruit, also good

whipped cream= not too much.....

nuts= ditto[NO walnuts : P ]

the cherry= right on the top, please,
[ glow-in the dark color and all...]

ice cream= hard [some tooth...] soft = cat food

favorite flavors of= peppermint[candy cane],fresh peach,
really good,really cold chocolate[Hagen Daas]
candied ginger...

favorite add-in= not big on adding, unless it's like a sundae

least favorite add-in= any kind of candy[except candy cane or toffee]
gummies, M&Ms, sprinkles YUCK


14. complete this phrase : If I could work anywhere, I would work for/at __________________

St.Johns...doing what I'm doing with those I'm working with...


15. If I have a regret, it is ________________.

not "waking up" a year or so ago, being such a jerk
to some truly, loving & good people...
I often wonder how much better things
could have been by now, all things considered...


16. Would you "eat a bug *" for....
[*bug = big, nasty, slimy, germy, stinky cockroach ]

a LOT of money ? no

fame and success ? no

to save your own life ? probably

to save the life of someone you don't like ? yes

to save the life of someone you love ? of course


17. Which is the "best test of friendship" ?

a] helping someone you know move ?
b] helping someone that you know when they are sick ?
c] standing by someone when they are going through a "bad patch" ?
d] answering the phone at 3:30 AM ?

a b c or d ?

is this a trick question ? all of the above...
[where's the "hole" question ?]


18. Ever eaten paste or glue ?

I've eaten things that tasted like paste or glue,[unfortunately], but, no...not the real thing....


19. Name something that you are really "bad" at...

sewing.... doing stained glass... making chit-chat


20. Name something that you are/were good at that you hated....

hula dancing....


21. Cocktail parties or wienie roasts ?

I'm not fond of large, chit-chatty gatherings.... of the 2 , a wienie roast,preferably on a beach, with just a few good friends...


22. What do you think when you hear, "Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be..."

absolute romantic that I am, I'm truly happy for those to whom it applies...


23. What one thing do you want to do before you die ?

finish the race....


24. Are you a glass half full or half empty person ?

I think it depends on the situation...although I tend toward the more positive side these days...


25. Is there someone you talk with every day ?

always Jesus, a running dialog [that's what happens when you live in your head... but not a bad thing, either...]
used to talk with Mom, before that, I had a close friend I talked with often, not much anymore... I have a couple of friends I may not converse with every day, but we tend to make up for anything we missed when we do get together....


26. What goals do you have for yourself ?

to be who and where God wants me... to be as good a friend and sister to my good friends as I can be...to be doing what He wants from me... I've always liked partnerships...I've missed out on the ultimate, perhaps there are still some smaller, yet satisfying ones down the road... whatever God wants, I'll try to do...


27. When you look back over the past, what are you most proud of ?

I was a good teacher and made a difference for many kids...


28. What are you the least proud of ?

next question...


29. Back when you were 25, is this what you thought that you'd be doing now ?

NO... I had plans to play professionally in an orchestra & teach at a university....


30. What do you want to be when you grow up ?

whatever God has in mind, but, size 10 would be nice...sigh...


31. How do you feel about where you ended up ?

I wouldn't change a thing, at this point...
maybe the path I took...
I could have been a better human being...
but I'm good with where and who I am...

32. Any final thoughts on life in general ?

you never know when your life will change direction,
or who will be standing there when it does...
to love and comfort you...
keep your eyes and your heart, open....

No comments: