Tuesday, December 25, 2007

"Bright Christmas" [sorry, Irving...]

"the sun is shining, the grass is green,
the orange and palm trees[sic] sway...
[I HATE palm trees...]
there's never been such a day...
in Mudville, North CA.....

but, it's December, the 25th...
and I am longing to see a drift..."
[of snow...]

I used to have a white Christmas...
when I lived "up", Chicago way...
where the "tree tops glistened..."
and "Children listened"...
to hear, snowplows crunch the snow....

I used to have to leave an hour early...
if just to find my buried car....
so I'll take the sunshine so bright....
hope you make it home with no "black ice", tonight...

I'll be driving across the ice-less roadways...
no salt or chains there'll be for me...
they'll be no ice scrapers,
no frozen flat tires,
or icicles, dropping from a tree...on me...

Sometimes I miss the crisp, crunchy snow walks,
that is until I stop to think...
how the snow would melt in,
and get your feet wet...
and then start to freeze again....

warm and cozy is much more, when you've been,
outside in -43, [wind chill...]
with the runny noses and frozen toes-es,
and scarf, frozen tight to me, geee!

here, I'll wake up to some frosty mornings,
it just won't be -20...
so for all you there in the snow...
stay inside, and make the fireplace, glow !

Merry Christmas to all my snow-bound friends !
from Catsinger and all the kitties

No comments: