Wednesday, December 23, 2009

...Renaissance concert afterglow



[this photo is titled;"Wandering in the Woodes so Wylde...
after the piece of Renaissance keyboard music of William Byrd]

last night's concert was really fun...

the venue was just perfect, there was a nice audience...
and we sang well...[we even made a few bucks, whoo hoo !]

I have no pictures of me in my costume...
but hope to have some to share soon...
I was told that it looked good...
as did MizMinka's new costume, which I like a lot...

the others were wearing their usual...

Trumpetman resembles Henry,VIII...
so he dresses as you've seen "Henry, VIII" in paintings...
Bassodude has 2 costumes; last night he wore the "Friar's" robes...
SilverSop dresses as a "Tudor Noblewoman", with a fancy gown...

so with MM, as the "saucy maid"...
and me as an "older, tavern serving woman"...
[I'm too old to be a proper wench...]

we're quite the "consort of characters"...

we try to keep things, "period"...
[since 4 of the 5 of us wear glasses...
it's not a rigid situation, but we do try where we can...]

so when, at the dress rehearsal...
I realized that my plastic water bottles...
just looked wrong...
I looked for something more organic looking...
and spotted MM's blue one, which had always been glass...
[they're now plastic, but still look like glass...]

I asked MM if she had another one like hers that I could borrow...



and when I came out to set-up last night, there it was...
waiting for me, but with an unexpected treat ...



in honor of my part as the "cat" in the "Counterpoint of the Animals"...
a cute "cat sticker" !
and I even got to keep the bottle...
[thanks, MM...]

so it was, a VERY, fun evening...

I really enjoy singing this music with these people...
I always have wanted to be in a group like this one...
and I do SO appreciate the opportunity they have given me...

I just can't wait to get together & sing again...

and you definitely can't, always say that about musical groups...

No comments: