Friday, December 11, 2009

...a busy Friday

my Friday started earlier than usual...

I'm not sure why I woke up so early...
maybe it was a combination of lots of tea...
at the rehearsal the night before...
or the fact that my Select Comfort bed deflates overnight...
[it will drop 20 points in an hour or so...]
leaving me laying on hard things...
instead of the welcoming softness of the airbag...

just another of the many things at my house that need fixing...
and I don't have the money, so I get by the best I can...

God's been very clear...

I must spend it all out, holding nothing back...
for Him to resupply me as I need to be supplied...
I cannot doubt... I must trust...
I must say that I'm seeing SO many marvelous things lately...
not only for me, but for others who are trusting Him...

so I wait, and trust...

after going to the bank, where I almost lost it...
I was doing so well, trusting...
until one of "basement cat's minions"[in the guise of a nice teller]...
asked, "So, how are you doing with your money ?"

successfully fighting back the urge to snap off a nasty,"bite me"...
I croaked out,"Not too well, I don't have much left & I need a job soon"...
of course he didn't have an answer for that...
so he left me alone to make my escape across the street...

after regaining my composure & returning to the church office...
I went over to the church with S,[our organist] to practice for Sunday...



during Advent, several cantors have been singing Messiah arias...
during Communion instead of the choir singing more music...

and this week, it's my turn...

"Behold, A Virgin Shall Conceive", recitative[aka,sets up the aria...]
and "O Thou, That Tellest Good Tidings to Zion"...[the aria]


if you know something about music...
you see the problem all keyboardists have...
too many notes, not enough fingers...
and S is no different...

so after some misadventures in Handelia...
I suggested some alterations...
leaving out all the "decorative notes"...
and S, now happy as a lark, headed home to edit...
[I advocate "White-out"... if you don't see it, it can't cause trouble...]

then I returned to the church & my computer...
to schedule a large credit card payment...
I had talked to my alarm company yesterday...
and they gave me a credit for a whole quarter...
wiping out a $96 payment due soon...
[being a long-time customer has it's perks...]

I also found out that I can reduce my monitoring fee...
so if I have a job in March[the next payment]...
I'll do that...
in the mean time, I'm changing all my auto-pay accounts...
so that I won't get any nasty surprises...

then, my i-works project for the day...
making a brochure...

after choosing a template...
spending a certain amount of time dealing with my learning curve...
[sigh...] swiping pictures from my blog archives...
editing, trial & error, etc, etc, etc...



this is the front page...
the picture is from the church choral library I reorganized...



this is the "back page"...
[fuzzy on purpose...I'm not publishing my face, name or info...]
with a brief, "chatty" bio, directed towards my librarian training & experience...
the photo is from the church directory...
I have access to another good one of me smiling, but my eyes are closed...



this is the right inside page, listing services...
with pictures of previous de-clutterings...



this is the left interior page...
detailing charges and levels of cataloging...



this is both together...

if you see me regularly, you may be asked for input...

now I have business cards AND a brochure...
for a cataloging/archival/organization service...

now I need customers...

God is good, all the time...

2 comments:

James Freund said...

Hi, I work for Select Comfort in customer service and want you to know that help is available with your air loss. Our beds carry a twenty year limited warranty and after some simple troubleshooting to determine the source of the leak we can help identify whichever part is at fault. Please call customer service at 1-800-472-7185.

Jim Freund
Select Comfort Customer Service

catsinger said...

...Jim, thanks for your comment...
I DID call CS & was given quite the run-around about 2 months ago...
then it was losing 20 points in a couple of hours... now,it's going from "60" to "20"[or less] in the same time... I will will call CS again tomorrow...I loved my bed [a single chambered queen]until about 4 or 5 months ago... now I wake up on "the bottom"...