Tuesday, December 8, 2009

...meooooow, BRRR !

we had a "hard freeze" last night [25˚ F]...
when I left the house for the church at 10 AM...
the windchill was 30˚ F...even though it was sunny & just breezy...
and there's another "hard freeze" tonight [25˚ F, again...]
...for around here, that's, BBRRRRR !



yesterday, the snow level was 500 ft...
so we [Mudville, elevation 13 ft] had cold rain...
with wind all night & morning...
so when I released Piglet in the afternoon...
she returned, uhh, "promptly"...



with a reaction pretty much like this...



Lucyfur & Murph,[aka smart cats...] found the fire quickly...



were soon joined by Charlie...



while Molly gnawed a bone as she warmed her butt...



the bitter cold seeps into my bedroom...
so yesterday, even Pigs & Fluff were putting up with each other to stay warm...
[though an occasional hissy fit could be heard...]

so you can imagine my surprise this morning...
when Piglet started lobbying to "go out, NOW !"...



she whined, called me bad names and tried to snag my sweater...
all in an attempt to be allowed to go outside...
where the temperature was below freezing...
AND it was wet, with a northwind dropping the temp even lower...

finally, I'd had enough...

I set the captive free... then waited for her to come right back...

and waited... AND WAITED...etc...

finally, I had to leave...
so when I return home...
I expect to find a "Pigsicle"...



kind of like this...

maybe she won't want out tomorrow morning...
[yeah, right...]

cats, go figure...

No comments: