Thursday, December 17, 2009

...food for the soul, as well as the throat

our big dress rehearsal for Lessons & Carols is Saturday...
a 4 hour time-frame, but not constant singing...
[I know better than to ask singers to do that...]
this will be our only rehearsal with everybody there...
but they sound good, so I'm not worried...

after many years, of many different types of l-o-n-g rehearsals...
I've come to realize the benefits of the "singer-friendly" rehearsal...

ie,setting aside a slightly longer block of time...
not expecting the choir to stand for the entire rehearsal...
[having chairs, water & cough drops, as well as a warm church, really helps too...]
making sure that everyone knows the start & stop times...
and schedule at least one big break, with a couple of shorter ones...

which brings me to my point today...

for our break[s] on Saturday, we will have in the toasty, warm kitchen...



at least one of these with hot water...



an assortment of teas...



honey & fresh lemon [good for a scratchy throat...]



and real half & half, for those who want to coat their throat with the "good stuff"...
[there will also be the other usual condiments...]



some of this for the "die-hards"
[as well as the hot spiced apple juice mix...]



and this, for those who,"need" chocolate...

BUT WAIT, THERE"S MORE !!!



I'm going to make some of these...



some of these...



and these...



and if they're lucky, these...

[from scratch shortbread, dipped in dark chocolate w/orange...]

so I better get busy...

2 comments:

AmyD said...

can I join your choir? please?

Your rehearsal sounds like a little bit of heaven, by the way. I've been to my share of not-very-singer-friendly rehearsals. Glad your singers are getting a little TLC this time of year.

catsinger said...

...all are welcome, Amy ! our Service of L&C last night was wonderful !!!
a few goodies go a long ways, especially with talented singers...