Wednesday, December 23, 2009

...oops

so yesterday evening, as I was resting before the Ren.group concert...
Molly started going ballistic, bringing me out of my bedroom...
just in time to see a flat bed truck, with THE WHITE CAR on it...
start backing into my northside neighbor's driveway...

I went outside, went over to a man, that I'd never seen before...
who was telling the driver to leave the car in the driveway...
I introduced myself & discovered that the car was his son's...
[who I had never seen drive, only ride a motorcycle...]

I apologized and told him that it had not only been parked for 4 months...
in front of my house, giving me NO place to put my trash cans...
but that it had sat for a week with a pink warning notice on the windshield...
before it was taken away...

the "Dad" was very nice although I could tell he wasn't too pleased...
he told me that to get the car back had cost $200...
I apologized again & said that if I'd known it was his son's car...
I would have just asked him to move it...

he said that his son was in the wrong for leaving it sit so long...
he also understood how annoying it had been for me...
to have to stop & deal with a garbage can in my driveway for 4 months...
then he said that his son was going to donate the car...
in a couple of months anyway...

??!! why even bring it back ?... this is the end of the tax year... !
or wait until the first week of January for next year...




so for now, here it sits...
the car that won't just, "go away..."



at least I can put out my recyclables can this week...
it's very full...

come to think of it, I now have no more excuses NOT to prune my roses...
cut back the trumpet vine, pull-up the dead tomato plants...
clean off the porch, etc, etc, etc...

sigh...

UPDATE:

last night I heard them trying to start it [it didn't]...
but they managed to move it out of the driveway, onto the street...
but, in front of their house, what a concept !



it should be mentioned that it never occurred to me...
that the car belonged to them...
because for the last 4 months that it was in front of my house...
there was nothing in front of theirs...

No comments: