Thursday, December 10, 2009

..."Order from Chaos"

not the most original of slogans...
especially for someone seeking work as an organizer...
but I've been attempting to learn my i-Works word processor software...
and it is more Windows than Mac, so it's a s-l-o-w process...

today I decided to try my hand at making some business cards...
since there are templates for them...I could use the laser printer...
and Square Peg had a couple of sheets of preset card stock...
just for making your own business cards, that I could have...



first, you decide on which template you'd like to use...



when you double-click your choice...
the software coverts the template of your choice into cards...
which have your stored data entered already...

since I'm not "outing" myself by showing you my real name, etc...
I'll show you the process by creating a pseudo card...



these templates have "space keepers" which you edit...
I used this picture of the choral stacks at the church...
that show the results of my re-organizing & storage efforts...
my laptop can be seen in the bottom right corner...
since cataloging the collection was a central part of the reorganization...



after editing... I came up with this card...

this software also does posters, newsletters, reports, etc...
and it is very easy to incorporate media...

I'm still finding my way around it...
but hope that I'll be able to figure out what I need to...
as I wait for "work to come to me"...
for now, I want to get home before it rains...

No comments: