Tuesday, June 30, 2009

...why I keep the bathroom door closed

you might think that by now I'd know better...
but I had just taken a shower...
[during which, Mz Sneaky Pie had perched on the toilet...
waiting, innocently being companionable...]
and when I was done, I had left the door open...
as well as the window...
to allow the cooler marine air to flow in...

big mistake...



one might say that I "opened the door"...
for felonious feline depredations...



of course, once I discovered the crime...
the furry felon herself, had to come in & revel in her mischief...
consuming herself with a "non-existent flea"...
as I discussed her malfeasance with her...
finally sauntering out, bored with my recriminations...



as I busied myself with re-rolling the tp...
that she had so gleefully unrolled, only minutes before...
she watched for a chance for "interaction"...



and seeing her chance...attacked with gusto...
seizing the unrolled tp and threatening total destruction...

I succeeded in shooing her away...



and managed to re-roll the roll, under her watchful gaze...

then, I closed the door...

because Mz Sneaky Pie's motto must be...

"carpe fimus abstergo"*...

and I can't afford to support her habit...


*as close as I could figure out...

2 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

I can sympathize although I've only had one cat who was a toilet paper attacker. The sight of the end of the roll, lazily waving in the breeze from the A/C vent was just too much for her and she had to attack...kind of like "Mommy, it MADE me do it. It was taunting me!"

catsinger said...

...sounds a LOT like a "Pie" excuse...
she's done this before & this time, I actually got a shot of her attacking the paper as I re-rolled it...
I've seen her "start"...she sits & watches the roll...then swats it & as it unrolls, she exhibits more & more
glee at her actions... running like a thief when I hollar...then waiting to re-attack when I attempt to re-roll it...cats...go figure...