Thursday, June 11, 2009

...hanging-in here

in the midst of being told to wait...
and trust...
expecting miracles...while it seems that daily...
something I value is lost to me...
[ie,"the hits just keep coming..."]

I decided, in the spirit of being thankful...
to look for past & continuing miracles...



it was only a couple of months ago...
that Fluff's left eye had a nasty abscess...
and the vet was worried that she might not make it...
after accepting as a given that she would be blind...
if she survived and the eye would be opaque & useless...



today, she's healthy and her eye is healed...
completely...thanks to much prayer & antibiotic salve...
it is not opaque and she is once again, Queen of Everything...



Mackie,[aka Mr Fluffytail], is also totally recovered...
from his death's door experience last November/December...



after rushing an almost dead Mackie to the Vet ER in the middle of the night...
and spending $800 on care & tests which were NOT hopeful...
my vet was only marginally more positive...
again, much prayer & lots of TLC have restored him to vibrant good health...

some of you may remember that about 6 weeks ago...
I planted some grapefruit seeds...
harvested from fruit from my own tree...



today, I found this...



I thought that too much time had passed...
and that nothing would come of those small seeds I planted...
and behold... a small seedling pushing its way up...
despite all odds...

maybe there's a lesson in this...

No comments: