Friday, June 12, 2009

...harvesting the light

it's been overcast & partly cloudy lately...

on the day these pictures were taken,
it was quite overcast...
giving all the colors an internal glow...
that I just had to try & capture...

of course, the pictures don't do the intensity of the colors justice...
but I hope you can enjoy them anyway...



a "Touch of Class" rose, in the back next to the cherry toms...



the veggie garden...around 10:30 AM...



on a sunny day, there is great glare & shadows at this hour...



if you look closely, you can see the lavender beginning to bloom...



here's the grapefruit seedling...embracing the light...



this "ToC" rose is in the front yard...
totally different light...



this pink climbing rose is from the root stock of a "Joseph's Coat"...
that survived even when the graft didn't...



I believe that this is a variety of "Peace"...



and I believe that this is a "Bonanza"...



this unique salmon geranium survived the winter to bloom again...



as did this deep red one...



and last, but not least...
one surviving lobelia smiles up at the emerging sun...
["Crystal Palace"]...

soon to be joined by many others...

my goal is to learn how to capture the intensity of color I see...
in my pictures...maybe with the XSi...and filters...

*sigh*

4 comments:

Mousie and Christy's Mommy said...

As always, beautiful pictures, Catsinger! Your roses are incredible! Looks like you will have enough vegetables to set up a stand and sell! Tell me when...I'll buy!

catsinger said...

hopefully critters won't get them first...

The Calico Quilter said...

That first rose picture is beautiful. So luminous. And the garden is fantastic - I'm jealous, but I know if I attempted to keep up that much I wouldn't be able to move to get out of bed in the morning. My joints have issues...

catsinger said...

Calico...I know that I've overdone it...
but I do love walking among the growing things... & BTW...my joints have issues too... BIG TIME!