Thursday, June 25, 2009

...bits & pieces, 1.1

I HATE Blogger !....

I scheduled several posts to publish...
over a couple of days...and they didn't...
so I posted most of them today since I have updated pictures...
in today's "real" post[aka THIS one...]

I left one other for tomorrow...
since it isn't involved in these updated pictures...
so we'll see if stupid Blogger can get this one right...

GRRRRRRR....

on other fronts... I'm waiting...
for a phone call which, if it comes, will come today or tomorrow...
inviting me to a second interview...
if I haven't heard from B&N by Friday evening...
then they aren't interested in hiring me...
& I look elsewhere...

I'm also waiting until my anniversary date in early July...
to withdraw the rest of my TSA...
naturally, there was a large market correction recently...
and what little I had regained, was lost, again...

but I am doing my best to remain positive...
trusting God to put me where He wants me...
so as I wait...
here are some more bits of garden "progress"...



the trumpet vine, in full bloom...



the fence flower box, now quite happy with the new watering system...



more hollyhocks, from "ranch seeds"...
they bloom most of the year...
overwintering well with no care from me...



if you click on this to make it bigger...
you'll see at least 2 set eggplants...
there are about 5-6 at this point...
they are the smaller Japanese kind...



at least 3 pepper plants have open blooms...
and all 6 are growing well...



it is now, NOT possible to look at the cherry tomatoes...
without seeing dozens of developing fruits...
I had to stake their cage today...
they were pulling it over...



today was the first day...
that all the tomato plants are taller than me...
soon I'll be able to walk under them next to the beans...
[BTW, I ate the first bean, raw...it tasted great...]



these are Brandywines, turning pink...
they tend to be more of a ruddy pink than red when ripe...
the other reddening tomato is an early one...
these are not only turning, but more blooms are setting...

one of the very few,[in my opinion] good things...
to come from our HOT summer days & nights...

so now, I wait...

No comments: