Wednesday, November 21, 2007

...of feasting and prepping, and cats that jump onto curtain rods in the night...

...this has been a busy day so far and it's not done yet... I've been cooking[roasting sweet potatoes w/olive oil and Kosher salt, pan roasting baby Brussels sprouts in EVOO & K.salt, cooking green beans "Southern"(aka to death...)with sauteed onion and garlic in EVOO/butter/K.salt and ground pepper, making a "rub" for the turkey(softened butter,K.salt minced garlic,sage, oregano, rosemary,thyme) and soon, the stuffing(cornbread/herb) all to be assembled in the bird at Miz Minka and Mr Greenthumbs tomorrow AM...Miz Minka is crafting a slaw, mashed potatoes, dessert, beverage and, I'm sure, other such feast necessities as there may be...there will be, of course, a gravy built on drippings...yumm...
...so while I was "cooking", J was busy prepping, painting,etc, as this is his last workday for 3 weeks...so we'll see just how much I can get done without his invaluable help... the good news is : I got rid of the old window treatments and hardware[bright brass, clunky,looked tacky and Gracie broke part of it perching there...]...I get to buy new window treatments that actually match the rest of the house ! ... Bad news...?....I have to BUY new window treatments...money pit- 612, homeowner-0...unless you count the intangible things like satisfaction,pride,ect... [I wonder if the bank will take a "pride"check for my next mortgage payment...?]
oh, well... a short life and an indebted one...at least there are no more debtors prisons...[unless there is something "they" aren't telling me...] now if only Sneaky Pie would learn to take "direction", then she could make $$ doing commercials and I could re-retire, as it is, any picture of her is blurry or if it's very clear, she's washing her butt... sigh... perhaps Charmin needs a new spokescat, now that Mr. Whipple has passed on...there are real possibilities for "talents" to converge there.... I have to look into that....

No comments: