Monday, November 5, 2007

...the last roses

...my roses are stunning...the Peace roses with their pink,yellow and cream, the Bonanza with it's peachy apricot...the fragile pinks of "Touch of Class" that fade to crimson edges, the deep reds and the surprise of snowy white...they like the autumnal light and cooler weather...it seems they always have an early flush in April or May, but the final grand flourish before the winter storms and cold weather dim their beauty, are always their crowning glory...I suppose I can only hope to echo them , as I enter the autumn of my years, as the pace slows, the light fades and all retreats inside against the cold and dark to come...may I have the grace to reach toward the fading light and bring beauty to the world as long as I can ,even as I prepare for the winter to come...

No comments: