Thursday, July 2, 2009

...garden update, 1.2



I trimmed back these mint planters...
harvesting a good bundle...
but with the hot weather...
they'll need trimming again & soon...



the grapefruit seedling is thriving...



but some critter ravaged the cilantro...
and it was doing so well too...



the cuke is blooming...



& the 1st cherry tomatoes are getting closer to color...



the pepper blooms are starting to set...



& the largest eggplant is about 6" long...



now both Brandywine tomatoes are deep pink...
and getting soft to the touch...
so they'll be picked soon to cheat the critters...



other tomatoes are reddening...
this heat has been good for them...
also for setting blooms...



the nectar peaches are turning cream with red...
their "ripe color", since they have white flesh...
I discovered a couple of the ripest had been chewed on...
so I tasted them & found them ripe...

not dead ripe, but sweet enough that I picked the softer ones..



I've learned the hard way that leaving them to "sugar up"...
means only the critters will enjoy them...
so I'm planning to enjoy these...
& keep a close eye on the rest...

No comments: