Tuesday, July 14, 2009

...garden update, 3.0

my intentions in planting a garden...
included not only the joy of watching my crops grow...
but the satisfaction of consuming the results...

there's consuming going on...
but not so much by me...
at least not so far...



the mint that I harvested has been further "pruned"...
by something...
just this one...all other mints have been left alone...



probably the same something that did the same to my cilantro...
which died as a result...
and has also started in on the basil...



as I was admiring this "pink Caspian"...
a cutworm came chewing its way out...
[that was its LAST mouthful...]



but there are LOTS of tomatoes setting...
so hopefully, I'll get my share...



there are cherry tomatoes coloring finally...



these "black cherry" heirlooms are getting darker daily...



the bean vines are being riddled by spider mites...
& now, whatever this is...
[I fear it's the same pest that does this to grapevines...]



this pepper now seems to have set...
many have fallen off...

and on it goes...

No comments: