Tuesday, July 14, 2009

..."the check is in the mail..."



continuing the saga of getting my TSA $ released to me...
I got up Friday AM with a lingering sense of dread...

my phone call to the TSA company confirmed my misgivings...

yes...
they had received the fax from the school district's controller company...
no...
it did not contain the correct language for the release of my $...

my heart sank...

I needed this check SOON...
or I would start "defaulting" on my bills...
and I'm sure that the credit card companies...
are just looking for any excuse to cut off my credit...
putting me into a worse position...

and my current location is precarious enough, thank you...

so I called the controller company, again...

after only a brief wait on "hold"...
I finally got connected to a customer service rep...
who not only sounded very knowledgeable...
but also authoritative...

more "supervisor"...
less "worker bee"...

after hearing my details and my financial plight...
she told me that she would call the TSA people herself...
and that someone would call me back ASAP...

so I hung up & waited...

soon, the phone rang...
it was an equally "management sounding" woman from the TSA company...

her first words were, "I have good news for you..."

she explained that between the 2 of them...
they had solved my problem...
and that I should have my check...
either the end of this week...
or the beginning of the next...

the main problem seemed to be that the school district...
had NOT given the controller company any kind of paperwork...
for the release of TSA[203b] funds as the new law requires...
tying the hands of both companies...

I wasn't the first person to be stymied by this problem...

typical...

and some people wonder why...
I don't want to "go back to the district..."

my checking account should be OK until the check arrives...

I've re-scheduled several payments to the last day possible...
and am avoiding spending any $ I don't HAVE to spend...

Creamer is still at the vets, though...

showing some improvement of the diarrhea...
but won't come home until she's stable...
then the cage will keep her from eating the wrong food...
and making big messes, making the life we all share more "pleasant"...

after attending the "informational dinner" at church on Sat night...
I decided to reconsider the Dave Ramsey course...
and it was made very clear to me that I needed to do this...

I seem to be in a weird place right now...

God seems to be telling me...
that I have to make some more changes in order to "move ahead"...

if I am correct in my discernment...
there are major changes to take place in my dealings with money...
both procedural & attitudinal...

I need to get rid of the things that I don't use...

I need to stop using material things to fill the holes in my life...

I need to stop buying things that I can't pay for...

I need to really be aware of how I spend money...
and to make sure that I use what I buy...

I think that God's not going to give me a job...
until He knows that things will be done His way...
and that I won't just go back to my old spending habits...

so I'm praying for enlightenment...

the TSA check clears out that account and won't last too long...
if it's not supplemented soon...

so for now, I'm "waiting"...

for the check that's in the mail...
for the discernment of the path I need to walk...
for the grace & courage to follow that path...

and for anything else He wants me to do/know...

I hope that I can be a quick study...

No comments: