Thursday, July 9, 2009

..."your call is very important to us..."



I knew that I HAD to accomplish some paperwork today...

after all, my annual county mandated flood insurance payment...
[$388...ouch...] was due tomorrow...
I needed to pay the last little bit...
[$6.97 that my previous insurance wouldn't pay...]
for the ER x-rays from my finger dislocation last December...

as well as a "follow-up" call in the ever continuing saga...
of my attempt to retrieve the last of my TSA funds...
[money needed NOW...since I haven't gotten work yet...]

I started first with what should have been a quick call...
["you received the fax yesterday ? so everything is now OK...
& the check is in the mail ?"]



to my TSA company...in MO...

"no... there's no fax yet...
no...there's nothing we can do until they contact us...
with the clearance to send you your $$$..."

so I called "them"...
[they're in Kansas... ironic, huh ?...]



after pressing "1" for English [don't get me started..]
I was treated to a very twangy recitation...

"welcome to our customer service line...
your call is VERY important to us...
however, all of our customer service representatives...
are currently helping other customers at this time...
as we are experiencing a heavier than normal traffic flow...

if you wish to stay on the line...
you will be helped in the order you have called...
if you wish to leave a message, press "1"...


after a couple of seconds of hopeful silence...
the Muzak began...
[why is it ALWAYS a whiny saxophone ?]
interrupted by a friendly man or cheerful lady...
reiterating just HOW important my call was to them...
and thanking me for my "patience"...

after 37 seconds of "music[?]"...
the loop began again with the twangy lady's message...
she lasted about 12 seconds...
then 25 seconds of music[?]/soothing talker...

then the loop began again...

FOR 47 MINUTES & 38 SECONDS...

[I'm not guessing..I kept checking the elapsed time on my phone...]

when the mind-numbing sameness was broken by "ringing"...
I held my breath...praying that I hadn't been disconnected...
& that I would NOT hear...

"...if you want to make a call...hang-up & dial again..."

thankfully, it was a nice guy with a twangy Kansas accent...

he listened to my travails...
and spent time first researching my question...
then crafting a letter to be faxed to my annuity company...
that should release my $$$...

he also agreed to fax me a copy & we said good-bye...

I then called my annuity company...
[more menu choices... why don't they let you "press x" for "bite me" ?]

they, of course, had NOT received the fax yet...
& since I couldn't recite it from memory...
[my copy was to go to the church...]
the customer service rep. was a bit loath to say...
that the check would be on it's way soon...

so I have to call back tomorrow...
[where have I heard THAT before ?...
oh yeah... HERE... from THEM...yesterday...]

they should have the fax by then...
then I just have to hope that it's what the annuity company needs...
to release my money in a timely manner...
it's NOT a good sign that when I got here[the church...]
there was NO fax waiting for me...sigh...

I also managed to call & renew my FEMA flood insurance...
[I had to call to use a credit card...]
then I called my insurance agent to get her working...
on some quotes for less expensive car/home owners policies...

I also RSVP-ed a wedding...
[I'm playing a different one earlier that same day...]
rescheduled my haircut for August 13, when I will hopefully have $...
mailed some letters on the way down to the church...
and then scheduled several bills to be paid online...
later this month, just before they're due...

then wrote several blog posts & published same...
since stupid Blogger doesn't publish my "scheduled" posts anymore...

all in all... a fairly productive day...
& since I was smart and CLOSED the bathroom door when I left...
Mz Sneaky Pie won't have created any MORE paperwork for me...

now I just have to hope that I"ll have good news tomorrow...
when I call my annuity company, AGAIN...

*SIGH*

No comments: