Friday, January 4, 2008

...wanted : "gopherwood"

in an apparent attempt to live up to a cliché...
[when it rains, it pours...]
it's been really stormy today...
heavy rain, winds gusting to 50 mph...

it affects each of us...but not always in the same way...
smart cats [and people] take one look outside,
and go back to bed...
Piglet, Queen of the North, stands in the open window...
rain lashing at the glass, wind howling...
stay in ? ... or go out ? ....

so, she goes out... and before I can finish tying my shoes,
she is not only "back", but dripping...with muddy wet paws...
walking in my bed, which I hadn't made yet...
and complaining about the weather...

"It's WET !" she moans...
"I don't WANT it to be wet !"
"Make it stop... NOW ! "... she's really mad at this point...

" Fine," I say...so I close the window, and you'd think that I'd just
destroyed all chance for her to have a happy life.....
and now, it's "on", in spades....
" No, No, NO ! ... I must be out, Out, OUT ! ", she screams...
" NOW !"...[this is not a suggestion or even a request...it is an imperative ! ]

so I open the window to "squall world", and out she scampers...
I make my bed, after cleaning off the muddy tracks,
and go into the kitchen to feed the others...
after a few chores, I return to the, now, frigid and damp bedroom,
to find both Piglet & Fluff, curled up, asleep on my bed...

Piglet's fur is dry, so she not only came back in very quickly,
but she has been "in" for quite sometime....
in the meantime, I close the window, shutting out the gale...
hearing the window close, she stirs and protests,
merely as a matter of record, that the window should stay open...
but, is asleep again almost immediately...

maybe I should go "online" and find a source for "gopherwood",
in case an "ark" is called for...
but I already know how it would go, in the "loading" process ....
will she come onboard ? or learn to swim ?
cats... never a dull moment...

No comments: