Wednesday, January 2, 2008

...the "blah-ogs"

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't the wonderful dark beer,
[it couldn't have been the marvelous German pancakes...
made with the same beer, either...or the plum sauce...]
I know it wasn't the delicious tabouli, [way too healthy...]
or the streak, gravy, etc., etc....
and there's no way that the day spent with very good friends,
laughing, a lot... and talking, a lot...
could ever be anything but lovely, relaxing and fun...

more than likely, for me, the combination of too much food,
[ I don't eat much these days...]
plus the barometric changes that are coming upon us...
and the headache I woke up with...
[much too early, I might add...]
add in that it's January...and, BLAH !

the chiropractor worked his magic... and,
I feel calm and peaceful... but...
today's the 20th anniversary of my dad's death, and
the 1 year anniversary of Mom's death is in 15 days...
so there is baggage...
a lovely time of year, January....

in the last few years, January has meant losses...
parents, cats... friends...aquaintences...
between January, into February...I just got used to cringing,
waiting for the next bad thing to happen to someone I cared for...
like I said, baggage....

I'm going to fight it , though...
I'll put on my new gloves and scarf...
and take a walk...before I take a nap....
a good friend recently told me, "fresh air & exercise,
are just what the enemy wants to keep us away from...
because he wants us depressed and miserable..."

she's generally right about these things...
she has "friends with connections"...
so I'll take my headache, mild stomach "uncertainty",
sniffly nose and "blahs" for a walk....

THEN, maybe a nap....

No comments: