Wednesday, March 4, 2009

...updates : Creamer, Fluff, Molly & musings...




Creamer hasn't reverted to being a "poopy-butt" yet...
she has gained a bit of weight...
and seems happy to be home...
[ie...not growing at everyone, all the time...
especially SPie, her sworn enemy...]

and...

the other kitties have really gotten into eating...
the good quality dry food...
[sensitive stomach variety...]
so they are now eating only about a large can of turkey a day...
[they were eating 3 or 4...]
and since I just bought 10 cases[24cans/case]...
I shouldn't have to buy that again for a while...

the best thing was...
that when I put down the turkey...
Creamer didn't want any...
& waited for me to open the ID can...
["intestinal diet" from the vet...
which is the best for her...]

so I will need to buy the ID...
but only a couple of them are interested in it...
[which is good because it's $$$$]
and the prescription ID/SS dry...
[which is also $$$, but it really fills them up...]

Fluff's eye seems better to me every time I medicate her...
the red angry area has shrunk now...
so that the opaque eyeball is clearly visible all around it...
the ulcer isn't oozing pus anymore & will heal...
[that's what I'm praying for...
and appreciate the prayers of all of you who are too...]

Sneaky Pie just beat a hasty retreat under my chair...
with Molly, who has become more determined to play...
close behind in hot pursuit...

yesterday, I turned my back for too long...
and Molly swiped & cleaned off the cat dish...
so she went right back into the crate...
[aka "jail"...]
along with stern admonishments...

after I got home at 6 PM last night...
I let her out and noticed later...
that after going "outside"...
and eating HER dinner...
she had returned to the crate...
to let me know that she was being good...

the Halti collar and the Easy Walk harness together...
have transformed her from Ididerod trainee...
to well-behaved walking companion...

I'm using both together because of her size...
[she's a "tweener"...]
which allows her to pull out of the Halti...
if she pulls just the right way...
but she can't pull out of the harness...

along with the crate, they have solidified me as "Alpha"...
so I'd like to thank those readers with "dog smarts"...
for not only their support, but their practical advise as well...
[y'all know who you are...THANKS...]

on other fronts...

I was writing something and typed the word, "source"...
and as happens often, the "c" didn't print...
so I erased the "e" to fix it and noticed that I had,"sour"...

considering that I had been trying to write...
"weakness was the source of my bad attitude..."
I thought that tiny bit of insight...
quite apropos...
since my attitude had been quite sour...


hmmmmmm....

I guess I must be doing something correctly[it's about time...]
because my own words have come back to taunt me...
since I'd just said to someone...
"there is no limit in what God will give us...
just a limit to what we will accept..."

if I'd been wiser, or more spirit-filled...
I'd have told the enemy to leave me alone...
[rebuked him with scripture...]
but I was surrounded by people...
church people... & I was concerned with appearing crabby to them...
my old self-loathing[the picture thing really got to me...]
just overwhelmed me...

it was like seeing everything in slow motion...
knowing that you were loosing it...
knowing that you should do something...
but having no ability to think clearly...
or decide what to do...

if I'd been less into myself...
I might have called on the Lord...
who would have ended the problem...
but...I wasn't...& I didn't...

so several people saw the edges of my discomfort...
nowhere near as nasty as it might have been in times past...
but definitely NOT, my comfort zone...
or "finest hour" either...

however, in the spirit that...
"everything happens for a reason..."

it is Lent...

the time for reflection & introspection...

yesterday, a couple who do spiritual healing...
[he's a priest...]
came down to have lunch with the Bishop...
and they were at the Bible study...

the woman has "visions" when she does healing...
and I asked her to pray for me & my financial situation...
after we prayed, she looked at me strangely...
and said, "I see many doors for you..."
I didn't ask for clarification...
but got the impression that those doors were closing...

after the really good, insightful Bible study...
the healing prayer and the mass...
with the Bishop's terrific sermon...
I felt in a state of Grace...

perhaps I should have expected the enemy to attack...
my most vulnerable area, my self-esteem...
and when he did, I knew what to do...
I just didn't do it...

"...for all those things we have done...
and left, undone, we are heartily sorry...
and beg Your forgiveness..."


today is another chance...

No comments: