Friday, March 6, 2009

...progress



Fluff's eye seems to really be improving...
it was all red and inflamed at one point...
with a pus oozing ulcer...

the ulcer is much smaller, not oozing pus...
and I can tell she's adjusting to being a one-eyed cat..
as she's not stumbling around anymore...

many thanks to all who have been praying for her...
she's doing much better...

on the other hand...



Creamer is a "mixed bag"...
I haven't found a lot of runny stool...
but I have found some...

I'm feeding her/them the ID canned food...
[which I've seen her eat...]
but I also have to feed the Friskies turkey...
and that was not good for her before...

I bought the same dry "kitten food"...
that she successfully ate at the vet's...
but she doesn't seem interested...
she's eating, but needs to eat more...
to regain the weight she lost...

so Creamer could use some prayers & "good thoughts" too...

on the other hand...[sorry, couldn't resist...]

Frankenfinger is gone... allowing the "therapy to begin"...

s-l-o-w-l-y...

here you see my finger, "straight"...



here, you see it bent !



a 45˚ degree angle may not seem like much to you...
but it is 45˚s from the formerly "pinned" joint...
that was held rigidly straight for more than a month...
after being rigidly bent & injured for 5 weeks...

I must say that during this period...
I am in a lot of pain, most of the time...
almost as bad as post-surgery...
and will need to actually use my hand less...
for the next week or so until the "wire hole" heals...
and the tight muscles, repaired tendon & ligaments loosen up...

however, I do have my trusty Excedrin...
and the nice warm & comfy "finger cozy"...
so I'm keeping it warm & that really helps...

I really hope to get better soon...
because all around me, Spring is bursting out...
and, country girl that I am...
I'm getting that "itch" to get my hands in dirt...

cleaning-up & preparing the garden for planting...
then planting flowers & veggies to watch grow as the days warm...
I'm hoping to spend a lot of time out in the garden this year...


to finish cleaning up the back yard...

and maybe...

even tackle the garage...

[now that's a massive undertaking...]

2 comments:

Mousie and Christy's Mommy said...

Fluff's eye looks amazing in the new photo. Praise God!

Creamer now gets our prayers! May her "healing" be as swift!

Take care of that finger. Infection is still something to be weary of until that hole closes up!

And thanks for your kind words in the comments of the previous post!

Hugs,

catsinger said...

...thanks for your prayers...
we do appreciate them... :)