Monday, June 30, 2008

...ARGH !!!


I don't like guns...
and wouldn't be caught dead in that dress...
[the color's nice...but the style...?]
or those shoes... ouchy mama !
but otherwise...
this sentiment is SO me, right now...

lately... I've had "issues"...
with...


I just spent over an hour ...
trying to find out why 2 links I put in a post...
to a blog I KNOW exists...came up ... "blog not found"...
[it actually took me less time to write this post...
including finding the images...]

I found a typo at first, in one of them..
fixed it...and...voila... it still didn't work...
so, I redid them ...SEVERAL TIMES...
[ah, sarcasm... the refuge of the embittered mind...]

perhaps, I need one of these...

because... after much "experimenting"...
"researching" and plain old "trial & error"...
[mostly the latter...]
all my efforts were STILL unsuccessful...
so...I decided to give it "one more try"...
before deleting and conceding "defeat" ...
at the hands of technology...

so... one last time...
I started from scratch...
retyped the link address...
just like I did it the first time [without the typo]...
AND IT WORKED !!!

"encouraged"...

I did the same procedure with link # 2 [that never had a typo...]
it also worked...

I'm so glad it FINALLY worked...
because I was contemplating this...


or even using this...


I've got to say that between "error...image not downloaded"...
"blogger not responding"..."blog not found"...
"autosave failed" or "server not responding..."

I've felt swallowed up in frustration at Blogger lately...

[is it just my imagination... or does this cat look familiar ?]

2 comments:

DearestDragonfly said...

When you add links to a blog...do you copy the 'URL' for the page you're wanting to 'reference'? I always avoid my own typing - in situations like this. Too much room for error, there!

Of course, I have other issues with Blooger. Hmmm...I think I like that typo.

catsinger said...

now if you left out that "L"...
what really gets to me is when "they" don't respond while I'm trying to upload an image...
as far as your "tech" question...
I'm the WRONG person to ask, obviously... ; )