Thursday, June 19, 2008

...a pain in the ...

nerves...we all have them...
people "get on them"...
some people "have a lot" of them...
I am dealing with several "severely pinched" ones...

in the illustration below...
the lower back nerves are yellow...

you can see them radiating around the "tail bone"..
and then, there's the sciatic nerve...
it is surrounded by a sheath of muscle...
which tightens during stress...
[stress, being caused by pain...]
and squeezes the sciatic nerve...
resulting in really tremendous pain...


the resulting pain from a combination of "sciatic compression"
and a pinching of some nerves in the lumbar 5/sacrum area...
feels like a fire...burning, but not consuming ...
my legs, knees and ankles...
there is a constant throbbing ...
along with the sudden stab, if I move the wrong way...

and I'm experiencing all of the above...at the same time...

at this stage, the only relief
is chiropractic treatment and bed rest...
as sitting, standing or walking ...
will cause the spasming muscles to "grab"...
the sciatic nerve to be squeezed...
and it begins again...

my usual Excedrin doesn't work when it gets this intense...
neither does Advil...
and I'm not good with heavy drugs...
so I try to lay very still...relaxing pressure points...
until I doze off...

I went last Friday...again on Monday...then it got really bad...
I went yesterday [he sees patients M-W-F] and then slept for 14 hours...
today, I'm sore...but better...
and hoping I've turned the corner...
[if not...I'll go back tomorrow...]

there are "hot spots" [think "stinger"...] all over my legs that burn...
cramping, aching muscles in both legs...
and walking is difficult...
but I am better...

I'm drinking gallons of water and taking extra calcium...
as well as the usual supplements....

I did get a new[more ergonomic] desk chair...
so writing isn't as painful as it was...
I think moving in the new chair and taking out the old one
brought my pain to a crisis point....

anyway... if anyone's wondering where I've been...
that's where...
and hopefully for not much longer...

God is good...

1 comment:

us300 said...

I will keep you in my am pm routine

Godspeed,

J