Tuesday, August 4, 2009

...the office, in progress

making room for the fish tank is the "incentive"...
but this mess has hung around long enough...
and now that I'm feeling better...
it's time...



this rolling file unit is the sole remaining component...
of a wonderful German desk I used to have...
[there was a pull-out narrow "L"table, this file unit...
and a huge desk top...most of which died years ago...]

the file unit had become the repository of all the stuff...
that came out of the computer cabinet when I tried to hook up the DSL...
there's also a dead pet water fountain...
& a lot of bath redo paperwork...



pulling back...
the computer cabinet & corner bureau/file drawers are seen...



& between the desk/file drawers and the wall...
junk, trash, etc...
which will have to "go" so the computer can move over...
[the tank needs 33-34", it was 28"...]

so I took out the full[aka heavy]file drawers...
stacking them on a small table...
and moved the file cabinet shell out & over...



I laid one of the computer cabinet doors on top...
and moved all the stuff from on top of the file unit...
to the file cabinet shell top...



then I continued to remove & stack the bureau drawers...
[notice Mz SPie, "helping"....]



after removing the drawers, I removed the bureau shell...
and swept out all the trash & junk next to the wall...

I had decided to put the file unit next to the wall...
but the only way it would fit was if I first emptied the drawers...
took out the drawers... muscled the shell up and into the spot...
turned it on its end to replace the drawers...
[which was WAY harder than it needed to be...
there were 'tracks' which were uncooperative...]
then turned it back on it's wheels...



that done, I moved it to the correct distance from the wall...
put the file cabinet shell on top of it...
replaced it's FULL drawers...
and shoved over the computer cabinet...



leaving a patch of dirty wall, trash & filthy rug...
BUT... a 35" patch of dirty wall, trash & filthy rug...



so I swept... and scrubbed...
[BTW...that's the cable hook-up coming up from the floor...]



then I had a pretty clean, 35" space...
I wish that I could afford to paint & redo the floor...
someday perhaps, but not now...
if I have time, I may TSP & paint this wall, though it needs repair...



there still is all this to sort & file/discard...
[tax returns for the last 7 years...
mortgage closing papers...]
the bureau is "going"...
it's "alder" and in good condition...
just surface grime...



the top of my music filing cabinets need to be redone...
those of you with a sharp eye will spy Mz SPie...
who knocked over a bunch of stuff getting to that perch...
I had to cat-proof before I moved on...



then there are these boxes & drawers...
to be filed or gone through...



this part on the floor in front of the book shelves...
is not as bad as it looks...
it's mostly stuff moved from the old bath...
or not put away because of other messes...

the shelves are actually organized & neat behind the mess...

[as you can see, Molly & Thomas felt right at home...]

so I have a good beginning...
and what was my reward for working so hard ?

I got to go have my teeth cleaned...
the really good news...

NO CAVITIES ! & no CO-PAY !

No comments: