Thursday, August 6, 2009

...more "foot notes",[aka good for the sole...]

I had been contemplating this move...
ever since I "re-discovered" the benefits of my Birkies...

and this morning's phone call from the school district's HR person...
with the probability of an interview tomorrow...
spurred me into action...
so I went to the Birkie store right after dropping off the application...
at the district headquarters for the HR person...

as usual, the manager at the Birkie store in Abe's Village...
was very knowledgeable & helpful...
& after we discussed the kind of foot bed I wanted, etc...
she brought me several styles to try...

some were all wrong... but these were all right...



this style is called, "Profi-Birki", [Alpro-Schaum]...
they are designed for professionals who must stand & move around all day[chefs,etc...]
they have a removable & replaceable neoprene foot bed...
& will accommodate a custom, replaceable foam pad as well...
making them a very comfortable shoe...
they also have a non-slip tread...



they have a "pigskin" pattern embossed in the dull, black vinyl...
[Schwarz is the ONLY color they come in...they ARE for pros...]
look dressy enough to wear with slacks & a blazer...
but will also work with khaki's, cords or jeans...
[remember, I don't wear skirts...]

the best part, besides the complete comfort...?

they cost $89.00...

Fr Toolbelt says that he throws his in the dishwasher...



the second style I chose are "Bostons", which I've had before...
these are taupe suede and have the cork middles with the regular soles...
[soles & cork are also replaceable...]
but there is a different design for the foot bed which reduces shock...
and makes them, "softer" to wear than regular Bostons...
[I could feel the difference...]
[hence the, gulp, $130.00 price tag...]



I chose taupe because it looks gray next to cool colors...
but looks more tan next to anything that's a warmer color...
and I have some striped sox they'll look great with...



I always need "brown" shoes, so I also bought the same kind/style...
in a smoother brown leather...which they had to order...
[yes, also $130.00...]

ironically, the shoes I totally loved were nice black lace oxfords...
with the same foot bed/foam pad as the "Pro clogs"...
they were SOOO comfortable...& fit perfectly...
the laces making the fit very secure...

but were $220.00...

so I left them for "later"...



I also got 4 pairs of sox...
these are diabetic[ie breathe well & not too tight at the top...]
my current ones are too ratty to wear with clogs...
and I basically had only black & white...

so I bought, "natural", black, brown & navy...

now, for a good place to wear them, regularly...

No comments: