Thursday, August 6, 2009

...I certainly didn't expect THIS



this is really a follow-up to a previous post...
where I had speculated on my actual chances...
of getting the free oil change/lube that I'd been promised 6 months ago...
after I finished complaining about my recent battery problems...
AND got them to reset my radio...
all this to happen at "Sleepy Village to the North" Honda...

so after an eventful day, I was finally on my way...
I got there at about 3:10 PM, explained "things"...
to a very nice service manager I'd never seen before...

he was sceptical about the "free service" I'd been promised...
[I didn't blame him, I had nothing in writing...]

he explained that my battery WAS a Honda battery...
[the name "Honda"doesn't appear on it...]
that it may have boiled over, due to the heat...
but that wasn't supposed to be "opened"...
and was considered a "maintenance-free" battery...

then he really impressed me in that unlike the Mudville Honda guy...
he knew right where to look for the reset code # inside the glove box...
all the while, being very nice & courteous...

he looked at my records on their computer...
dug out a special discount punch card...
punched several holes in it, told me the service would be free...
and asked if I'd like to wait, because it wouldn't take long...

so I sat in the waiting room, eating a sandwich [my lunch...]
watching the History Channel, a real treat these days...
and in almost no time at all... he came to get me...
all the tests they did on the battery showed that it was in excellent condition...
the service was done & the reset complete...

I went in to "settle" with the cashier...
and the total was ZERO !!!
not only that, but they gave me a $20.00 off coupon...
"...for next time..."

as I went out to get in my car, I checked the time...
it was 4:08 PM... the entire procedure has taken LESS than an hour !
the guy at Mudville wanted at least 2 hours just to reset the radio...

as I was driving back to Mudville on Lower Sac Rd...
my cell rang... it was the HR person from "the district"...
I have a job interview tomorrow at 4...

"is that a domino I just saw wobble ?"

God is good, all the time...

No comments: