Tuesday, August 4, 2009

...good for the "sole", update



the Birkenstocks continue to work their miracles...
aligning my legs & back...
and I feel better, and stronger daily...
[Fluff has already made the definitive statement on the Birkies...
by barfing all over the Crocs... hmmmmmmmm...]

on Sunday, I climbed the steps into the church normally...
as my cranky left hip/inner thigh wasn't "weak"...
allowing me to put weight on my left leg...
without fear of falling...

I worked hard on Monday in the office...
today, I am a bit stiff & have some sore muscles...
but my hip/back & legs are not a problem...
they are actually feeling strong...

this AM, in the shower, I was able to not only lift up my left leg...
with my left foot on the 18" high bench, without much pain or weakness...
but... I could stretch out the inner thigh muscles...
by leaning into my left knee & touch my toes with my knee bent...

I haven't been able to do that for quite a while now...

I'm now strong enough to have Molly walk with me again...
there for a while I literally was afraid I'd fall my leg was so weak...

my "recovery" is tied to physical, mental, behavioral & spiritual planes...

I've come to understand that until I solve my issues, "within"...
I will be in "waiting" mode, re any "job"...

encouraged by the physical healing, I sought more "enlightenment"...
and realized that as long as I held my former school district in contempt...
I would not be able to heal & accept all of God's gifts for me...
certainly not the kind of well-paying jobs the district could offer...

not unlike a long-time relationship with grudges & "issues"...
to get past my behavioral, physical & spiritual roadblocks...
I had to let go... to truly "forgive & forget"...
only then could God open doors for me that I was keeping closed...
due to my attitudes & behavioral expectations...

I've been able to stay in a pretty peaceful & "fear-free" zone lately...
not much has disrupted my peace & "rest"...
and even when something has disrupted it...
I've been able to get centered again, quickly...

so I centered myself & focused on letting go...
of all the negative things that dealing with my former employer brought to mind...
I asked God to give me the grace to forgive them, "and forget"...
and a wonderful sense of "lightness" came over me in my peaceful place...

I've made some phone calls...
about possible openings...
all I felt free to make...
& considering how I've always "taken care of myself"...
this is a definite "departure"...

so I wait to be "ready"...
staying "rested in His peace"...
absolutely certain that as I do my part...
waiting for the door to open & working on "myself"...
truly a daunting project if He wasn't "in charge"...
doing those things He tells me to...
and letting Him do the rest...

tomorrow, as I sit waiting for MzYBee in Ahnoldtown...
I'll fill-out all the district paper-work...
make an appointment for a TB test chest x-ray...
& assemble my credentials/letters of recommendation...
and prepare to turn-in my "sub packet"...
[strange how my stomach doesn't turn at the thought anymore...]

this I have a certainty about "doing"...

the results ?

His will for me be done...

I have a long ways to go...
especially in the "inner"changes...
but at least I'm moving now...

God is good, all the time...

No comments: