Wednesday, March 31, 2010

...going "out", like a lion



today is one of those days that I'd love to just be outside...
close to shelter, of course, but ready for those amazing "skyscapes"...
that come into being, only to move away with the continuing winds...
sort of like God is using the wind to make an ever changing, cloud kaleidoscope...



if there is anything you don't care for in the sky...
just wait a few moments & it will change...



as I sat in the dentist's chair[biannual cleaning... no cavities...]
I watched the patchy blue sky turn a deep, grayish black...
saw the rain pour down, and then...
watched the sky turn bright blue again...
until as I walked to my car, it was glorious !



but by the time I got over to the church, it was overcast again...
it's supposed to be like this through Easter...
but I'm NOT complaining...

we need the rain & besides...
the "weed & feed" I put on my lawn after I mowed it Saturday...
has had it's minimum of 24 hours, sans rain, to start feeding the Bermuda grass lawn...
and killing the dandilions, milkweed, sand burrs & other weeds in the lawn...
it also get the wild onions & other stuff that dies in the heat anyway...

FYI: these 4 shots were all taken within a period of about 1 minute...
from almost the same location...and in similar directions...
which proves my point about the quick changing sky...

farewell March...you came in like a lamb...
but your exit has been a "roaring success"...
not enough to knock off all the setting fruit...
but adding some more rain to the landscape...

No comments: