Monday, November 2, 2009

...VERY hopeful signs



I just returned from my job interview at the VOPU Library...
to say that it went, "well", would be a major understatement...

I had spent a couple of hours online...
reviewing "library protocol" & methods...
I had also written a "personal statement"...
after reviewing the job description...
I wanted to stress my complete qualifications...
and desire for this position...

then I hurried home, changed & drove the 1/2 mile to the campus...
praying for a parking spot within reasonable walking distance...
and there was one, right by the Library...
[very rare...afternoon parking is a nightmare]

I went right to the correct place, having checked-out an online map...



and was on time, so I was ushered right in...

the interviewer & I seemed to "hit it off" from the start...

I seemed to have "all the right answers"for her questions...
[believe me when I say you always know when you don't...]

my library management skills were, "win/win"...
my availability was perfect...
my client/staff relation answers were also, "win/win"...
my ability to be,"the boss", while NOT being nasty, also good...
my managerial style,as well as my client service attitudes...
were also in sync with hers...

and the BIG thing for the interviewer... ?

[she studied my face as she showed me...]
the regular Sunday & Monday, 1:30 AM close times...
then as she revealed the finals, 2:30 AM close time...
and then the dreaded, 2-7 AM, 4 weekdays in a row,
2 weeks in a row, during finals...


I didn't even blink, I just grinned and said...
"I went to sleep at 4 AM this morning, I'm a night owl"...

in short, this seems to be the perfect job for me...



there are three other applicants who are interviewing this week...
so I will hear from her the end of this week or the beginning of the next...

this is the 2nd round of interviews...
they had no one qualified in the first...



so, though I'm still, waiting...
I really have my hopes up...

the final question that she asked me was, what 3 things I wanted from a job...

I said:

"to be able to do something that helps people, that makes a difference..."
"to have a job that I can do well, where I'm good for my employer...
and the job is good for me..."
"to be in the place that God wants me to be, doing what He wants me to do..."


I also think that it's a very good sign that as you prepare to leave...
the interviewer decides to introduce you to all the Library staff she can find...



so I wait... and I really hope for this job...

God is good... ALL the time...

3 comments:

Mousie and Christy's Mommy said...

This is the most excitng news! I will wait and hope with you...adding my prayers to our God, who wants only the best for us!

Blessings!

The Calico Quilter said...

All this sounds incredibly positive. Here's hoping!

catsinger said...

...many thanks to both of you for your continued support & good wishes...I should know something soon...