Wednesday, November 11, 2009

...a crappy day

ever had one of those days ?

I've had several in a row, escalating to today...



& today has been one of those,"aw crap", days...



where no matter what you do, you find yourself "stepping in it"...

yesterday, it was other drivers trying to "take me home to Jesus"...
and the sooner the better... several tried, none succeeded...



I blame the enemy, aka Basement Cat, for this onslaught...
as I try to maintain a thankful attitude while I wait for word...
I have become more strung-out from the months of job-seeking...
I know that I am less patient and much more easily blindsided...
because I'm ready for it to be over, but still, I need to wait...



and BC is subtle... reminding me of all my shortcomings...
my failure to be a good friend, lack of exercise...
postponed projects, good intentions limited by physical pain...
and we're not going to mention my front yard...
now an "official wilderness area, with "high savanna grass areas"...

and since the whining has now officially begun...



besides the arthritis pain, that kept me from sleeping last night...
now that it's colder...there are the sinus headaches...
then there's the ATT repair guy who called this morning just after 8 AM...
[I had just finally gotten to sleep...
and they were supposed to come check-out my phone tomorrow...]

so I got up & was barely dressed when he showed-up...
nice guy...said it was probably their wires...
since the high winds started it...
[incoming calls ring only once, a short belch...
& then if I don't pick-up, right away, I lose the call...]

so after informing me that:
a] the new utility pole is connected to the old one in such a way...
that ATT can't access their transformers on the poles...
b] the new heating/AC unit in my basement completely blocks access...
to the incoming phone lines, so they can't even test them...
c] they would have to completely redo all the outside wiring...
to even check my phone...

then...after they figured-out how to check it...
they informed me that the problem was inside my house...
[in other words, I now owed them $55 for the service call...
and they problem wasn't fixed yet...
they would be happy to repair it for me, at a gazillion $ per/hr...
or I could hire someone else... I chose the latter...
my outside driveway light doesn't work...
& if I can find the $ to get my electrician [semi-retired]to do it...
he can probably fix the phones too...
I also had my suspicions about the failure of the DSL confirmed...
the microwave is improperly grounded, causing the static...
I don't know if anyone can get to the problem area...
without de-constructing my kitchen...

so for the time-being, I seem to be swimming in a morass...
and BC is enjoying itself...
but I'm working on sending it packing...
which will be much more effective than this is on kitties...



click on the picture to enlarge...

cat staff persons out there everywhere...
can you only imagine the sheer joy of a remote with these capabilities ?
it boggles the mind...makes my heart beat faster...
and a sure sign of the impending apocalypse...

and as for you,BC [& all your minions...]



PHFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFBPT !!!

[AHHHH...I feel much better now...]

2 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

Re: phone troubles. Do you have chipmunks? They seem to love to chew wires.

Re: electrician. If you can get one to work for you, you are far luckier than anyone I know here, where electricians won't even call you back. There is always more work than workers and they are arrogant.

Re: dangerous drivers. There must be some Tennessee natives vacationing on the west coast. I think you met them. You may keep them if you wish.

catsinger said...

...dangerous Tennesseeans...I'm related to a bunch of them[Dad's side is from Clifty County, hillbillies...]
electricians... my guy is semi-retired, if I can get him here, he does great work for peanuts...
phone troubles... no chipmunks here...
and now I know that the problem is inside my house, but have NO idea where... ARGH...