Thursday, December 11, 2008

...oooh, THAT'S why...



I might have known...

the rampant feline [& canine...] bursts of insanity...
and manic, frantic activity...[the runnsies...BIG TIME...]
the jumping, running, cat spats & getting into weird places...

are all due to the 99% waxing full moon...

[yes...there's a lot of it on a day-to-day basis...
but this is the "spin" I'm sticking with at this time...]

especially since...



"someone"...has been all lovey, sweet-face since last night...
[AFTER I put out the "BOLO"...]



I also noticed that she was biting & chewing...



and grooming, MUCH more than usual...



so I lured her to my lap...[NOT hard...]
and distracted her as I applied Advantage...
[she was due, anyway...]

she usually fights tooth & claw when she smells it...

but this time... was almost too docile during the application...
mewing sweetly...almost as if she was apologizing for...

breaking the handle off the blue mug...
destroying my French bistro glass...
un-potting my favorite violet...
disheveling the counters...
defiling the plant shelves...
perching on the coffee maker...
etc... etc... etc...


and this morning...

every time I've turned around...

she's been here...



I was hanging my coat there...
but she's been crawling up into it...
so I moved it...

she always chooses "strange" [& uncomfortable...] perches...

the traverse drapery rods [which she bent, then broke...]
a ladder step... the narrow edge of anything...

never a soft, kitty bed...

so now that she seems to have "fixed" herself on the step ladder...

my violets should be safe... for a while at least...

No comments: