Thursday, December 11, 2008

...finally...the planting...c'est fini



this is what my patio table looked like in October...
unfortunately, it still looked exactly the same this afternoon...
when I finally got myself to finish my plantings...
before everything got frozen or died of old age in a small pot...



I had one tiny asparagus fern "baby" already...
and recently found another, so they got a pot...



I found these 3 deep red ivy geraniums languishing at OSH...
they had both dried & moldy dead leaves...
and had been zapped by cold...
so I "rescued them"... potted them...
and put them on the sunniest part of the front porch...
[a good watering & "trim" didn't hurt either...]



I planted several containers with johnny jump-ups...



here you see the Christmas cacti...
and a container of johnny jump-ups that aren't blooming...
[they were on the back table and lost their blossoms...]
hopefully some water & the sun they'll get here...
will remedy that situation soon...



I gave up and bought some more cyclamen...
as the other will bloom again...
but too late for Christmas...
so I left them in the back...



I'm trying, again... with the dill...
this was looking droopy, but really perked up on the porch...
I planted it in a container next to the wood pile...
that is in a sunnier place now, but not too hot for later...



here's a planter basket with the 2 "iron ferns"...
and 2 "5 finger maiden hair ferns"...
you can see the reddish new growth on the maidenhair...
it looks like it has "5 fingers"...
only the newest growth looks like that...



this is a basket of "polypodus"...
aka "monkey" or "squirrel" or even "rabbit's" paw fern...



these are "red ferns"... 2 are more mature...
you can see the fiddle scroll shaped "heads" poking up...



this is a B-I-G hanging basket of the "5 finger maidenhair ferns"
I had a flat of them...and now they're safely in a basket...
in a very good place for them...



so you can see...no more un-planted plants here...



or here...



but doesn't the porch look "full"?

of course...

there's still that large gardenia that needs to go in the front...
and those daffodil bulbs...
and the anagazanthus...

*S-I-G-H*

well...it was a feeling of accomplishment for a few moments, anyway...

No comments: