Tuesday, February 16, 2010

...stupid allergies

it was sunny on Sunday, so I released the Piglet...
I also not only left that window open, but opened another...
then laid down to take a nap...

I woke up coughing...

just a tickle, but in my chest...
my nose wasn't really running...
but enough had been inhaled as I napped...
to give me a "rattle", which grew into a wheeze...
and by Monday, crackled & popped like something really nasty...

I went to the store for some DM cough medicine...
since I was coughing all the time...
it helped, but last night I resorted to the "big guns"...

my inhaler, unneeded for the past couple of years...
& it ,(albuterol), has helped...

so today, I'm still on the Zyrtek...
the regular, 'cause I'm not stuffed-up yet...
though my ears are plugged-up...
the inhaler, hot liquids, rest & the DM cough meds if I need it...
so far, there's NO indication of any infection...
no fever, sore throat or stuffy nose...
so I'm resting & treating it like the allergy attack it seems to be...

tomorrow is Ash Weds. & besides the service with the choir...
I'm supposed to stop by Trumpetman's house for a bass recorder lesson...
so I need to NOT be coughing & wheezing at that time...

oops, time for more tea & OJ...

No comments: