Monday, February 15, 2010

...no shadow on Groundhog Day means...

that spring is right around the corner...

of course, you wouldn't expect to see these as harbingers of spring...



there are a total of 4 which were diseased & replaced...
by the church around Christmas...
I "rescued" these which are flourishing here...



in the house, the money tree's new growth continues to bode well for 2010...



last summer's grapefruit seedlings on a sunny kitchen window ledge...
have been joined by...



the seedlings that came from the seeds in the oranges...
that MrGT gave me in December...
and yes, 2 appear to be albinos...
they are bigger today and still white...



on the porch, my large, old jade plant [it was Mom's]
has been blooming since December...



and is covered with buds about to burst forth...



this is my trumpet jade, which got singed by the frost...
but is working on a comeback...



this volunteer lobelia, Crystal Palace, has also been around a while...



but the area that should be a sea of daffodils, rannucculas & iris...
has only one lone bloom...

most of my trees are ready to bloom any day now...
all the early Bradford pears & red leaf plums are out...
but I'm in no hurry...
I've seen too many trees bloom early...
only to have late frosts or hail, decimate them...

now I just have to find the energy to do all this work...

No comments: