Friday, February 26, 2010

...the gathering storm



the wind is from the south, a sure sign of an impending storm...
and as I went out to pick up my new glasses this morning...
the sun was still able to burn through the gathering clouds...
but not for long...



by the time I got to the church...
the darkness was settling upon Mudville...
like a murky mantle draped over the city's shoulders...



giving notice of the storm's intentions...
sending birds to roost...
the scudding clouds rushing to their places before "curtain"...



so now, my errands accomplished, I'll be joining the bustle of traffic...
all of whom seem determined to be "home" before the rain begins to fall...

I have a cozy afternoon & evening in front of the fire planned...
some soup & bread for supper... and DVD's for later...
with an early bed time & hopefully, more storm counterpoint while I drift off...

No comments: