Wednesday, April 1, 2009

...making lentil soup [the re-run]



today, I made gallons of lentil soup...
for the Lenten soup supper at church...
my first big project since injuring my finger...

I loaded all my pots into the car...
along with all my pre-chopped veggies...
stock in boxes, dried lentils & chopped kielbasa...

the fresh thyme, bay leaves, Kosher salt & ground pepper...
E.V. olive oil & 4 loaves of multi-grain artisan bread...
as well as several containers for "left-overs"...

we had a large crowd last week...
but this isn't my first "soup making stint"...
for a Lenten soup supper...
& I knew that the crowd could be, intimate...

it was...

but several folks went home with the leftover soup & bread...
which was a good thing...
always better to have extra to share...
than not enough...

if you want the recipe, go here...

a small note... the large batch recipe is the same...
except... I don't add the nutmeg or the sherry...
it's just too hard to get the amount right...
in such large quantities...
so I just leave it out when making large amounts...
as I did today...

but even so, it was pretty good, if I do say so myself...

enjoy...

No comments: