Friday, April 24, 2009

...taking it slow



this was yesterday's project...



and this was supposed to be today's project...



because of all of these that need planting...



and this...



this is going in a large container...
[I couldn't resist...]



and then I found the heirloom tomatoes...



including this BIG "Brandywine"...
already in blossom, calling my name...
and making me drool...



these go into a "jar"...



these...



as well as these, go into various containers...
that the johnny-jump-ups will soon vacate...
unless I move them to the back...
& do new containers...
for the portulacas & petunias...
which is a good idea...
I have lots of empty containers...
and lots of potting soil...

but today, I'm sore from yesterday's session...
so I'm taking it slow...

I mowed the lawn...and will putter about...
but I couldn't get to sleep last night...
for the soreness...
making today, a "recovery" day...

so I took the time to survey new growth...



this "black Tartarian" cherry is doing well...
& will be ripe in a month or so...
[they make great pies...]



this "necture peach" will not ripen until July...
when it will stay on the tree until its white flesh...
is sugar sweet & juicy...
[unless a critter gets it first...]



the Japanese Maples are all growing their seeds...
which will soon ripen and fall to the ground...
creating new trees...
& mini seedlings for my "bonsai" efforts...



the grapefruit tree has joined all the other citrus...
whose blooms fill my yard with sweetest perfume...



and lastly, the rose I trellised yesterday...
"touch of class"...
at whose feet I left the collected compost...
from the front bed we cleaned out...
complete with sprouting "creeper"...

if it didn't activate my allergies so...
making me a head-achy, sneezing & miserable grouch...
without warning, for much of it's span...

I would absolutely love spring...

No comments: