Wednesday, October 14, 2009

...safest car in Mudville

as I was making my way to the church this morning...
I was slowed because the stop lights were flashing red at our corner...
an aftermath of 24 hours of rain & wind, no doubt...
and that there were no less than 3 city trucks working on "fixing" them...

after waiting my turn at the very congested intersection...
I made my turn onto El D, then a quick "right" into the church lot...
where I saw 3 police cars parked, with the officers all gathered around...
we smiled at each other & as I went inside, 3 "bike cops" arrived...



I've been here for a couple of hours now and the cars are still here...
I guess they were here to assist in traffic control while the lights were flashing...
though it was probably not too efficient to control the corner from our lot...
[they were in the lot the talking the entire time they were here...]

I can tell now, just by the flow of traffic...
that the flashing lights have been fixed...
and the cops are now, all gone from our lot...
it was nice to know though, that for a couple of hours...

I had the safest car in Mudville...

No comments: