Tuesday, September 8, 2009

...waiting on the coming of the light

I'm in a place that I haven't been before...



at least, not with this sense of peace...



the road ahead is there, but I can't see much of it...
at least, not with my own power...
for that I must trust in His Light...



I know that I'm being led...
but I have to keep my eyes ever focused on the Light...
and not be concerned about the path...



though the way is shrouded in darkness... mostly uphill...
and unknown to me...
there is just enough Light, if I trust...



and as I move through each pool of Light to the next...
the swirling fog of uncertainty...
and the darkness pull at my sleeve...

like a insistent cat wanting "pets"...
threatening to un-sheath it's claws if ignored...



the Light sometimes, seems to slip behind clouds of doubt & fear...
leaving me to remember & trust that the Light has not gone...
but that it is only my own doubt & fear that block It from my eyes...
when I leave the doubt & fear at His feet, the clouds part...



and as the skies lighten with the promise of dawn...
you realize that the Light has never left you...
but lies within...
waiting for you to embrace it and allow it to burst forth in joy...



and even the disorientating fogs of the morning...



or massive storm clouds...



can not keep the Light hidden from the believing spirit...



so praising God, you rise up...
above the fear & doubt that pull at your sleeve...
and hide in that knot in the pit of your stomach...

up into the Light



and as you do, your Path becomes much clearer...



your soul finds Places of Refreshment...



until you have to set off once again...
down that often difficult & frustrating road...



knowing that as long as you can keep your eyes focused on the Light...
you will be led and all will be well...



so you continue to wait upon the Light...
filled with a peace that is beyond all understanding...
God is good, all the time...

No comments: