Thursday, September 10, 2009

...sadly, I am NOT surprised

it seemed simple...



I took my carefully filled-out, faxed, Putnam relinquish 403b forms...
all paper-clipped together in a manila folder...
[with my name & phone number on it...]
down to the district offices for the TPA's signature last Thursday...
and left them with a smiling person...
who said that she'd take them right away for the signature they needed...

and that they'd "call me" when they were ready to pick-up...



before I "made peace" with the district, this would have been really stressful...
[see cartoon...]
but trusting that all would be well, I left the forms with a sense of calm...

after a week of silence, I stopped by this morning...
to see if there was a problem...



thinking that my papers probably were in a pile on someone's desk...


or worse...



[they hide their workstations behind partitions, so who knows...]

so after standing around for 10 minutes...
telling my story to a couple of people[all of whom were friendly...]
and being totally ignored by the woman who had taken my papers to begin with...

I was told that they "couldn't find them"...
[one person actually went and looked for them...]

"...perhaps we mailed them to you..."

but that they would "look" for them...

and that they would "call me" when they knew where they were...

so now, I wait...still...
strangely calm and collected... but thinking...
perhaps they need another bit of paperwork from me...

No comments: