Tuesday, September 7, 2010

...FINALLY, RELIEF... !!!



I was in a hurry to get to breakfast with the FFers on Saturday...
so stumbling across this sitting in front of my front door was unexpected...
[their shipping info had indicated at least another week of discomfort...
until the replacement air chamber was due to arrive...]



if you are not familiar with the product...
this is a cross section of a Sleep Comfort bed...
[mine is a single chamber queen, the one pictured is a dual chambered one...]



I had just about worn out my wireless remote...
dealing with the escalating "leak " problem...
not to mention the 9 volt batteries I've gone through...
pumping up the old bed every 30 minutes or so...
[FYI: my sleep number is 35-45, depending on how sore my joints are...]



I unzipped the pillow-top mattress pad, removed the "egg crate" foam...
and proceeded disconnect the old air chamber...
then laid out the new one[they are HEAVY!!]
connected it & activated the pump...
[this is a dual chambered bed, my single chambered queen is twice this size...]

after about 10 minutes of running the pump...
I stopped it, and lay down on the bed...
as you always have to be "on it" to set your "number" properly...
after a few more minutes, the pump turned itself off...
and I waited with "baited breath" to see if it would retain the pressure...

it did !!!

and after a couple of nights of sleeping all night without a deflation...
the pinched nerves in my back have gone away !!!

now if I could get rid of the virus that's infected me...



oh... and the worst thing about this change over...
was removing all the air from the old air chamber...
so I could fit it into the prepaid box to ship it back to Select Comfort...

No comments: