Thursday, September 23, 2010

...onwards & upwards

as I wait for approval of my mortgage modification...
I am in an "interesting" interval in the meantime...
a "holding pattern"of sorts...

definitely, a place I've never been before...

when I was younger, I used to take stairs 2 at a time...
never being concerned with the railing...
whether ascending or descending...

but now that I'm no longer as strong or agile...
stairs are a concern... railings, important...
and the ones before me have no railings, a steep pitch, no end in sight...



and look, just plain "scary"...

until the mortgage gets modified, [if, they accept my application...]
I have to pay the first mortgage, taxes & insurance...
which leaves about $600 to pay my utilities & gas[$250]...
food & supplies for me & the critters[$300]...
and about $50 for anything else...

so far this month, anything else has included...
vet visits, chiropractor visits, hair cut, etc...

I have never been in such a situation where there was NO fall-back position...
in the past, when money was short, there were always credit cards...
or my folks, or extra music income or some other answer...
so for me, these are un-chartered waters...

I guess God wasn't kidding when He said that He would be my only supply...

I received my car registration renewal in the mail today...
I've always just written a check & paid it right away...
or more recently, just gone online & paid it...
but I can't do that this time...

it's only $149, but I don't have any un-budgeted money...
at least until October arrives, and then things are still very tight...
but then I remembered that I'm going to earn $100 on Monday...
so now I only need to find the other $49...

and hope that the mortgage modification goes through...
and quickly too... the HUD counselor told me that 2 months is "quick"...
4 months is average and it could take as long as 6 months...
they could turn me down, but she doesn't think they will...

so in the meantime, I wait...

I can't file Chp. 13 until the mortgage is modified...
so until then, I'm receiving "hate mail" from the holder of the 2nd...
as well as the 4 credit card companies...

I say "hate mail", because the one advantage of no longer having a home phone...
is that they can't call me & try all their sleazy guilt trip tricks...
I have had enough of that to deal with already & don't need more...

when the 1st is modified, hopefully down to around $650...
[including taxes & insurance]...
and the bankruptcy court & the lawyer negotiate a monthly fee...
to be paid to the creditors each month for 3 years that I can live with...
then things will be better...

especially if I can receive Social Security benefits after October 22...
or if I can find even a small job...

of course, I'll be paying the lawyer for a while...

and I have some big bumps in the road coming up...
car registration renewal, 1st installment of property taxes...
car insurance renewal, dental insurance premium...
2nd installment of property taxes, car insurance renewal...

so this will be an interesting journey...



I really can't wait to see what He does next...

No comments: