Tuesday, August 31, 2010

...more things along the way



well I went home & tried all the things...
the Select Comfort rep. told me to do...
and within 40 minutes, I had my answer...
the "air chamber" is leaking...

of course, the guarantee is "pro-rated"...
and they will ship me a new one for only $113.67...
which will be guaranteed for 30 days...
then revert to the 64% of my current guarantee...

so I ordered it & am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new one...
[I have to return the old one to them, but they pay the shipping...]
so now I have to put up with the discomfort of the deflation...
for only a couple of more weeks, then blessed relief !

I got my new homeowners insurance policy bill...
September was great... $ 19.26... !
but October was $212.84...
with the following 7 months about $67.00 each...

so I called my agent & she called the "home office"...

when she got back to me, it seems that the October balance due...
was because I took the bill off of "auto-pay"...
and returning it to "auto-pay" would not only spread $58 p/m payments...
out over the entire year, but would also cut out the $10 p/m installment charge...

so I dropped by a new cancelled check and got signed-up again for the auto pay...
I can deal with $58 p/m... before it was $105 p/m...

I still haven't heard back about whether or not the HUD company...
can handle my mortgage re-structure...
the lawyer's office hasn't called either...
[though it should be noted that they cashed my check yesterday...]

*UPDATE*

while I was dialing the bank's mortgage mod. help number...
the lady from the HUD company called me back...
and they DO work with people like me...!!!
so I spent another couple of hours, copying the required paperwork...
and getting it all organized so that tomorrow...
I can get a money order for $14.25 first thing...
walk over there, turn in the application and set up an appointment...

this is such a relief, 'cause the prospect of wading through all this stuff alone...
had me scared to death of screwing something up & losing my home...

boy, talk about "last minute rescues"...

and then there's the lawsuit that TEC has been threatening against our church...
the notice came today...

I have a bunch of personal music in the choir room...
as well as personal sound equipment, etc...
with no good place to store it if they lock us out...
not to mention loosing my internet connection...

I sure am glad that God has all this under His control...
'cause a cat could get really stressed otherwise...

No comments: