Monday, August 2, 2010

...here we go again



though I have always been lumped-in with Lucy's snark...
by many who have known or thought they knew me...
I have really always identified with Charlie Brown...



because I always hope...
even though the results may seem pre-determined...
and previous failure seems to mock my current attempts...




I climb back onto that little boat to "try again"...



hoping that the outcome will be positive this time...

for those who can't read between the lines...
school began a week ago...
& the district is just now starting to post vacancies...
since they haven't completed the inter-district transfer process yet...

there are 2 Music resource positions...
"...7/8 grade interdisciplinary integration of the arts with other subjects..."
I'm qualified for this, BMus, MMus, life K-12 Music credential...
besides the multiple subject lesson integration training as an LMT...
not to mention 17 years teaching 7/8 instrumental music...

there are also "multiple English positions at multiple sites"...
I have a "life intermediate [gr6-10]English credential"...
and taught 7/8 English & reading[REACH certification] for about 10 years...

so I sent an e-mail to HR...

last year, since I'm a retiree...
they didn't want me to fill-out the whole packet...
so we'll see what happens...

these music resource jobs may be glorified "classroom music"...
but it is my preferred age group...
and today, there were 2 "music resource" positions listed...
as well as the "multiple English positions"...
and I do have the proper credentials, not to mention 21 years experience...

so we'll see...

at least I know now that I won't "un-retire" until they make me...
I'm allowed to earn $31k before it affects my retirement...
the starting salaries are $39k...
but that that is the least of my concerns at this point...

there might be exemptions that I qualify for...

another bonus...
if I teach & can stay under the level they allow me to earn...
still continuing to get my pension...
the money I earn teaching now will raise my monthly retirement benefit...

and I can apply for Social Security benefits after October 22, 2010...
at which time I turn 62...

so...




here we go again...


determinedly into the fray...
watch out, all you windmills !

No comments: