Thursday, June 10, 2010

...adventures in car rental

I had to get up early today...
to take my wounded car to...



they're down by the port and a bit hard to find...



but they are the recognized shop for Mercedes, Porsche & BMW...
not to mention Honda, Toyota and other major makes...
as well as several large insurance companies...
including, obviously, mine, 21st...
[a blatant plug for them as they have been great!
2 claims, excellent service & the rates have gone down...]



hard to believe, but this will cost close to $2400...
not to mention almost a week of a rental car...

which brought me here...



actually, they came & picked me up...
just as they advertise, but I knew that...
having used them before...
which brings me to a couple of nice surprises...

when I last rented a car from them,[3 years ago]...
I couldn't fit into the "midsize car" they'd reserved...
nor could I fit into anything else on their lot at the time...
& had to wait until they got a minivan back the next day...

but that was about 65 lbs ago...

so today when "Grace"[apt name, don't you think?]
picked me up in this...



a Chevy Aveo[same color too]...
I was pleasantly surprised that I fit in the passenger side easily...
AND... the seat belt also fit easily...
and after some discussion as to cost & insurance coverage...
I decided to try the driver's side of the Aveo...

and I fit easily behind the steering wheel...
the seat belt clicking with room to spare...


cool...

then "Grace" told me that the insurance would cover the cost of this car...
with no additional cost to me, except the $10/day insurance...
not bad for a car that retails at $40/day...
and a nice reward to me for the effort put out to loose that weight...

God is good...& He plans ahead...

No comments: