Wednesday, April 14, 2010

...still more cat tales

as a long-time cat-staffer, I've often written of my mis-adventures...
catering to the whims, uhh, demands of my various herd members...
in the life of the Piglet,"Queen of the out-of-doors"...
and Mz Fluff, "absolute Queen of EVERYTHING"...



not all has been, uhhh, well lately...
as neither of them have been well, in the health sense...
thus putting a bigger crimp,[than the one in Pig's tail], in the "normal routine"...
they both require me to follow, here in their kitty kingdom...
[aka, "my" house...my friend Calico has it right...
it IS the cat's house, I just live["staff" the kitties] here...]



when "all is well", Piglet announces her desire...
for face time with her garden...
and if at all possible & beneficial for all concerned...
[or if I've had enough, it's the right time of day & the weather's good...]



she is set free to prowl the garden...
perhaps even check-out UnklePhil's yard...



and ultimately settle in a liar of her choosing to snooze away the day...
coming in only to eat or annoy Fluff...



who would just as soon be left to snooze alone...

but just last month, Fluff was sick...
she had some sort of infection & wasn't eating much...
so I mixed up some Clavamox[veterinary antibiotic]...
which really did the trick, 'cause she improved in just a day or so...



and has been eating double the normal amount & gaining weight !



she has been much more active & interested in things...



and seems to be feeling so much better & is happy again...

Piglet had another bout of the oral lesions...
which kept her from eating, so I took her in for a steroid shot...



it worked well and she started eating again...

but then, a couple of days ago...
after staying out, 'way after dark & worrying me...



Piglet was very quiet... TOO quiet...

and stand-offish...not wanting to cuddle[her default mode...]
just laying on the far corner of the bed...
sleeping, alone...
[a sure sign of trouble 'cause she prefers to sleep on top of Fluff or me...]

so I picked her up and she was way too hot...
a cats' normal temp is above 100...
but compared to Fluff, she was burning up...
so I mixed up some more Clavamox...
[it's a good thing the vet lets me keep it on hand...]

and after only 2 doses, she was much better...
now it's been 3 days and she & Fluff are eating like girls half their age...



and things are, back to normal...

I'd like to write more...
but I have to go get some more cat food for them, NOW...
they are running low & they have unspeakable ways of getting even...

No comments: